Borough President Adams and Council Member Cumbo to offer seminars for residents seeking affordable housing
Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams and City Council Member Laurie Cumbo are sponsoring a series of seminars intended to help residents seeking affordable housing learn how to apply for the City HPD lotteries through which the apartments are awarded. At present, there are over 1,100 affordable apartments under construction in downtown Brooklyn, and current City policy allows residents of the community districts in which the units are located to receive preference for half of them.
The dates and locations of the seminars are as follows:
- Thursday, July 31, 2014: Brown Memorial Baptist Church, 484 Washington Avenue
- Thursday, November 13, 2014: Hanson Place Seventh-Day Adventist Church, 88 Hanson Place
- Wednesday, February 4, 2015: Pratt Institute, 200 Willoughby Avenue
- Wednesday, June 10, 2015: Ingersoll Community Center, 177 Myrtle Avenue
- Tuesday, October 6, 2015: Church of the Sacred Heart, 30 Clermont Avenue
All events begin at 6:30PM.
Information on affordable housing lotteries currently accepting applications is available from the New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development.